Tuesday, February 3, 2009

I am an Animal


Andrew and I just finished watching 'I am an Animal: The Story of Ingrid Newkirk and Peta'

It was very well done, gave interviews with Peta supporters and non-supporters...it was interesting to see Ingrid taking part in the demonstrations. The documentary shows her planning for a demonstration at a Jean Paul Gaultier shop. She is such a pro-the way she applies the fake blood, so brisk, you know she's done it dozens of times. I never understood why people wear fur. There's no way to dissasociate it from death. Death isn't glamorous. Especially not the way these animals die.


Before seeing this documentary, I was kind of torn in my opinions of Peta but I understand that you've got to cross the line to get things done and Ingrid Newkirk really has. I became a vegetarian after discovering Peta's website about four years ago. Their tactics are effective.

No comments:

Post a Comment