We're fostering a pit bull puppy. Her name is Ginger and she is a handful! Chews everything, barks, pees on the couch (my beautiful couch!), plays too rough... We're trying to train her against these behaviors and instill in her some manners so's she can find a permanent home. Of course, dog treats are necessary for dog training. She loves these.
· 2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
· 2 tablespoons ground flax seeds
· 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
· 2 tablespoons peanut butter
· 1/2 teaspoon salt
· 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. In a small bowl, whisk flaxseed with 6 tablespoons of water until frothy.
3. Mix together the flax mixture, flour, pumpkin, peanut butter, salt, and cinnamon in a bowl. Add water as needed to help make the dough workable, but the dough should be dry and stiff. Roll the dough to a 3/8 inch thickness. Use cookie cutters to cut desired shapes.
3. Bake in preheated oven until hard and golden brown-about 40 minutes.
And here's Ginger enjoying a treat:
Isa Live: A Vegan Life In 4 Courses
2 years ago