Friday, June 12, 2009

Cough Cough

I have a nasty cold.

That means chili. Last night Andrew made some and I had like 3 bowls because it made my throat feel so good and it tasted great. I don't know how he did it but it was smoky and hot and beany.

On a rainy day there are biscuits and tea. Sweet Cornmeal Coconut Butter Biscuits and tea. Oh these were good. We ate them all within a day.


The recipe is from The Vegan Soul Kitchen which I bought recently along with Vegan Brunch. We love these books, the recipes look amazing and so far have been decadent.

And this morning for breakfast...Okay, our waffle iron gets a decent amount of use (usually making pumpkin waffles) but this morning Andrew made yeast waffles from Vegan Brunch. They were sweet and crispy and different but still good in that way that makes you feel a little bad about eating dessert for breakfast. But yum. And no, I didn't feel bad, I just made that up.

Lot's of cooking the past couple of days. For din-din, Andrew made beer battered tofu (Vegan Brunch) which was like eating in a bar-something we haven't done since pre-veg times. It was greasy goodness.



And the next day...

SOUP. Andrew made this, of course, as he's still been taking care of me while I'm feeling blah. It was made with kale from our abundant garden and leeks from the farmer's market...he made the croutons from his homemade bread. This soup seriously made me feel better. I'm getting used to relaxing.


No comments:

Post a Comment